Originally unveiled earlier this year, SEEDJ has now announced that its digital accelerator is available in beta version.
SEEDJ is a new DJ academy app launched earlier this year. The app is a subscription-based “digital acceleration” app that promises to put emerging DJ talent in “direct contact with the leading labels and management agencies, offers downloadable resources, tools for production, feedback from established DJs and many more essential tips that will help you elevate your game.”
The company summarises their mission “Our idea is to have a single platform where you can have all the tools needed for your growth as a DJ/Producer. To realise this mission, SEEDJ offers five services for a monthly subscription:
- DJs/producers will be able to upload their tracks to the platform and they will be periodically reviewed by label partners.
- DJs/producers will be able to create their own profile and SEEDJ management agency partners will periodically review user profiles in order to build new partnerships.
- DJs/producers will be able to follow video courses, lectures and workshops held by certified teachers and experienced producers.
- DJs/producers will be able to download exclusive resources created by international DJs/producers. This includes samples and loops
- DJs/producers will have the opportunity to follow regularly updated music charts, released by the most important media partners in the electronic music. They will also be able to buy tracks as the API connects directly to stores such as Beatport, Bandcamp and Discogs.
SEEDJ elaborates: “We want to turn as many new DJs as we can into professional DJs through key services that reflect all the realities of electronic music,” added the platform’s creators. “We want to train new DJs through the e-learning service such as courses, lessons and a ton of resources. Our long-term vision is to develop a platform that can support the musical growth of an artist through multiple services, all for a low monthly subscription.”
Artists and labels on board include Perc, Phil Weeks, Coyu, François Kevorkian, Manni Dee, The Brvtalist, Muted Records, Shaman Records. You can see the full list of artists here.
The beta version for SEEDJ is available now over on the website. Two plans are available which are the Premium SEEDJ plan with no usage limits and the Basic SEEDJ plan which has limits on how many tracks can be uploaded, how many messages can be sent and received, how many samples can be downloaded and how many charts can be opened. Masterclasses and tutorials are unlimited for both.