In our latest video tutorial on YouTube, we show you how to use Patterning 2, a drum machine app made by Olympia Noise Co.
Patterning 2 is a powerful and impressive drum machine app. It’s circular interface is fairly unique as well as user friendly and in this tutorial, we show you how to use it.
In our example, we loaded up Patterning 2 on our iPad but you can recreate this tutorial on an iPhone or Android device. Over the years, music-making apps have come a long way and captured our attention more and more and Patterning 2 is one of the best we’ve come across. Earlier this year we covered The Best iOS Synths where there is also a plethora of choice, most of it free.
- 8 Independent loops per pattern
- Unlimited patterns
- Automation layers like Coarse Tune, Ratcheting, and more.
- MIDI Output
- Export to Ableton Live Set. Patterning 2 comes with Ableton Live 10 Lite
- Export Perfect Audio Loops in WAV or AIFF format, stereo or multitrack output
- Export Songs to Patterning 2
- Import songs and drumkits from Patterning 2 (some limitations apply)
- Ableton Link
- MIDI clock send and receive
- Inter-App audio clock
- Multi-track inter-app audio output
- Hundreds of free factory and user created drum kits
- Quantize pattern launch
- Haptic feedback!
Patterning 2 is a free app that offers in-app purchases. It’s available on the app store.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Attack on YouTube!