After Arturia introduced the MK2 versions of its smaller Keylab MIDI controller keyboards some time ago, now also the second version of the 88 version with hammer mechanics follows. The Arturia Keylab 88 MK2 comes with some new features and a host of controller features.
As the name already suggests, the Keylab 88 MK2 is an 88-key keyboard. It uses a Fatar TP / 100LR piano keyboard with hammer mechanics and aftertouch. The keyboard is again completely in white, the previously used side parts made of wood have been reduced to a minimum and only visually close the keyboard. Optionally available is a matching keyboard stand.
To be ready for mobile use, the Keylab 88 features a screw-down tray for laptop and a music rack. So there is enough space to put the laptop in sync with live skill and have the screen right in front of your eyes. The controller keyboard is equipped with 16 velocity-sensitive pads, nine faders, and knobs, as well as various buttons, a transport control, pitch bend and modulation wheel.
Like the smaller versions of the Keylab series, the Keylab 88 MK2 has five pedal connections, a MIDI duo (In / Out) and CV / Gate interfaces. Especially for users of modular systems / Euroracks a clear plus, because only a few controller keyboards have such interfaces.
The new Keylab comes with a large software package. These include the in-house Analog Lab software with over 7,000 sound presets, with which the Keylabs harmonize very well, d. H. it lets you call, edit and play natural presets from the keyboard. In addition, there is a license for Ableton Live Lite and the software instruments Piano V, Wurli V and Vox Continental V.
- 88 note Fatar TP/100LR keybed, 16 RGB-backlit performance pads
- Control bank with 9 faders and 9 rotary knobs, Control modular equipment with 4 CV/Gate outputs, controlling pitch, gate, and modulation
- Seamless integration with all Arturia software instruments
- High quality, aftertouch, velocity sensitive, hammer-action, piano feel keyboard
- Includes Analog Lab software with 7000 synth and keyboard sounds
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Piano V, Wurli V, and Vox Continental V
- Compatible with all major Digital Audio Workstation: Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, FL Studio, Bitwig, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One
The first keyboards of the KeyLab 88 Mk2 series will be delivered from the end of June 2019. The expected retail price will be 899, – Euro and thus about 150, – Euro above the current price of the first version. You can find more details here: KeyLab 88 Mk2
The post KeyLab 88 MK2 – 88 Keys MIDI Keyboard by Arturia appeared first on ProducerSpot.