In 2020, music festivals were cancelled, pretty much all of life was put on pause and like an old VHS, we were juddering through with no advance on where we were. No music was played live since March and we are here to dig up any trace of memory and to welcome thoughts of nostalgia take over the silence.
With closed eyes and silence in the room, slowly the intro to Hendrix’s Hey Joe comes lovingly to mind and the image of hundreds of bare feet and sandal wearing hippies making their way down slops of now dry mudded fields towards erected stages that cast monolithic shadows over green land and pitched tents. Something magical is about to happen… It’s festival time!
Between the months of May and August the festival scene usually reaches its penultimate point in terms of numbers. Not one week will pass that another one starts somewhere in some field.
To those that had a ticket in hand we sympathize, but in this time of crisis, we can only look back with fondness of past experience. This is our homage to the greatest musical festivals to have happened and their best performances indicated by the games out there that celebrate those artists genius.
Casino and music entertainment work hand in hand
Have no fear though as we are here to jump on the proverbial bandwagon and guide you through our top 5 music themed casino slots, of which you can play on any device you have that allows internet access. Some choices may be a surprise, some are actually musicians that have graced the stages of some of the world’s most famous festivals. The rest are just fillers because we can’t just do a top 3, that’s just weird. To find these games and others like them, please head to kasynopolskaonline.com for more information and access the game at source if you speak Polish.
Drum roll please…
- Jimi Hendrix – Having performed, famously at the Isle of Wight on August 31st 1970, this was Jimi’s last ever U.K festival performance. In homage to the greatest guitarist that ever lived, this 5-reel, 20-line slot brings back the 70s vibe of flower power and love. The game provides numerous features The Purple Haze and the Red Guitar re-spin feature activates within the normal game play. There is a scatter feature called Pick and Click, this houses free spins based on Crosstown Traffic, Purple Haze, Little Wings. There is also a Hendrix coin multiplier for further wins. The icons game was brought to us by software giants NetEnt, who know how to make their games very playable with the right ingredients of graphics to match the theme of their games. They have also added some of Hendrix music in the background 8.5/10
- Dolly Parton – Glastonbury Headliner in 2014, this country queen has dominated everything she has touch and her branded game is very good. There is a list of seven songs to listen too whilst the game plays, Jolene, Backwoods Barbie, Heartbreak Express, 9 to 5, Applejack, Love is like a Butterfly and Coat of many colours. It’s a 5 reel slot with a host of features. Super Extra Wild, this butterfly symbol will change a reel it lands on (4 and 5) to match existing combination symbols. Dolly’s Wheel of Wealth is a bonus feature where you can take part in ‘9 to 5’ free spins which have holding wilds, Heartbreak Express bonus, where you select from a number of suitcases to find multiplier values and Dolly’s Album’s bonus, another multiplier round. Made by Leander Games who are also the genius behind the Megadeth casino slot. They know how to make the complete package when it comes to programing software. 8/10
- Michael Jackson: King of Pop – Gaming powerhouse Bally Technologies have a big reputation in the industry and only makers of this magnitude get such a big license deal to which this is. So, what has the deceased pop star have for us within his estates game? 5-reel slot with 25 pay lines should be enough entertainment but wait! The game packs five massive bonus features, one being the Smooth Criminal, which is a special wild feature, this will play a sample of the music video at the end. Beat It, a 10 free spins and wild feature bonus, this will play the Beat It video sample at the end also. This one ranks lower in the list mainly because this is purely his family cashing in on his death, rather than the star himself. 7.5/10
- Guns N’ Roses – NetEnt are at it again with this licensed game from rock stragglers, low down the list because they’re like an 80 year old trying to run a marathon, how time has been unkind to these musicians, to put it politely. Still headlining music festivals and their pockets, they have joined in the casino fun with their own video slot. The playlist within the game carries 5 classic songs, Sweet Child o’ Mine, Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, November Rain and Chinese Democracy. The 5-reel slot carries a number of bonus features, one being the Crowd-Pleaser bonus which is a free spin reward game. Encore Free Spins gives you 10 free spins. Appetite for Destruction wild is a massive overlaying cross which will appear on the slot grid as one giant wild symbol, for big wins. Legend Spins are wild stacks that cover a full reel. Away from wilds and spins you have the Solo Multiplier, which can reward up to 10 times your wager. It’s actually a great game and as such it gets 7.5/10
- Kiss – Get the make-up out as software company WMS has brought us these glam rockers to the casino market in a very odd slot game, totally unique to the others in this top 5 list. So, we have a 5-reel slot and a colossal reel set of 12 rows. The game has bonus features to look out for, Kiss Shout it out loud, is a scatter feature that give the option of three different features, free spins in the form of Rock n Records, Band Prize and Kiss Alive! Bonus which is a pick ‘em game. The number of free spins within this down to the number of Kiss logos on the screen. Here you can get a maximum 20 free spins with a 20 times multiplier. The game also holds expanding wilds which not only fill one reel but expands into the next. The game is as good as the music. Take that for what you will but as we aren’t too keen on them, they only get a 6/10
So, there we have it, roughly 5 minutes of your time wasted; beats queuing up for a festival toilet after eating that dodgy burger now doesn’t it.
Photograph by Unsplash
Originally publisher as A homage to all the cancelled music festivals in 2020
© 1999 – 2011 AudioMelody – AudioMelody – free music software, apps & recording / mixing tutorials