Attack Magazine is looking to expand its contributors. Read on to find out more.
Are you a budding journalist with a passion for music? If so, we are looking to commission new writers to contribute to Attack Magazine. If you would like to be a part of the team, it doesn’t matter where you are located, all that matters is you’re passionate about electronic music and are able to write fluently.
If this sounds like you and you wish to apply, please send:
- An idea for one for one of our series/formats (Beat Dissected, Long Reads etc)
- A totally original idea – we’re open to all sorts of suggestions
- A CV
- A previous writing example
Please note that you may submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or a short pitch (a paragraph or two summarizing your piece and why it matters to our readers) paired with an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. Keep in mind that we only accept original content—we will not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog) and please do not send a press release of a sales pitch.
If you are pitching original ideas, here’s what we like:
- Content with a thesis that offers a clear argument—not just a list of tips and tricks.
- Has a voice. Be bold, interesting, and human.
- Is written for an audience of music producers and fans.
- Is supported with convincing arguments, not just opinions. Fact-check, and cite sources where appropriate.
- Follows our style guides.
To get in touch simply send us an email:
Please attach any documentation for review to the email and if it’s a large file please use WeTransfer or Dropbox. We’ll review your submission and get back to you ASAP!
The Attack Magazine Team.